Spennymoor 0 Southport 0

Southport returned from the North East with a 0-0 draw to earn a well deserved replay at The Pure Stadium om Tuesday night. Kick Off 7.45pm.

The first half saw the visiting side go close on several occasions with the best opportunity falling to Doug Tharme who drew a great save from Dale Eve in the home goal.

Marcus Carver and Jordan Archer both had chances to extend the lead in a mad goalmouth scramble which the home defence somehow managed to clear.

The windy conditions saw the ball flying out of play on several occasions with Southport kicking down the slope and with the wind in the first half

Whilst Southport enjoyed the better of the first half the home side were showing some signs of coming to life as the half drew to a close and served a timely reminder with a shot that flashed just wide of the post.

0-0 at half time.

Spennymoor started the second half on the front foot but the excellent Southport rearguard held firm. The ever dangerous Glen Taylor came close but blasted straight at Cam Mason in the Southport goal.

The best chance of the second half fell to Carver who was through on goal but Eve got down to make an excellent stop to keep the score at 0-0.

Spennymoor were enjoying some good possession and showed why they are in the play off positions with some good attacking play but still the visiting defence repelled all that was thrown at them.

In the 83rd minute sub Niall Watson blazed a shot across goal and that was to be as close as were to finishing the tie on the day.

A word about the referee who was excellent this afternoon, letting the game flow in difficult conditions.

Th attendance was 1134 with 92 travelling fans who once again showed great backing to the lads.

Line up: Mason, Oliver, J Doyle, Anson. Tharme, Archer (Watson 75) Carver, C Doyle, Hmami, Vassallo & Bainbridge.

Unused subs Woods. Munro, Buckley-Ricketts & McMillan

Final Score 0-0.

Match Photos are in our gallery on Flikr

Post Match with Liam

League Table

View Full League Table