Job Title: Hospitality and Events Officer
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Hours: 18 hours per week, with additional hours as required
Jobs reporting to the job holder: Casual staff
Job Purpose: To be responsible for running all Club events, including matchdays, Club awards, corporate events and other major events the Club hold.
To manage the Club’s matchday experience with the aim of creating an engaging, exciting and memorable experience for all of our supporters by building on from previous seasons where we have delivered exciting matchday themes, emotive and thought provoking branding and interactive entertainment.
– Match day and Applicable External Events
– Key responsibility in the delivery of all events at Southpotrt Football Club.
– To manage and oversee the development, management and delivery of all internal events.
– Develop fully researched and budgeted proposals for each event, including information such as target audience, venues, catering, entertainment, guest speakers, projected attendance figures, financial objectives and pricing strategies, sponsorship strategies and resource plans.
– Act as project manager for each event, taking full ownership of delivery of the event, from inception to evaluation, liaising with relevant internal departments and delegating tasks where necessary.
– Take a lead role in developing the Events Committee, such as organising meetings, delegating tasks, producing action plans, evaluating feedback and managing the budget.
– Recruit and manage casual workers and volunteers to support events.
– Develop guest lists and seating plans for events
– Develop and maintain key relationships, internally and externally, to ensure continued support for future events.
– Ensure that all events comply with our Health and Safety policies, undertake risk assessments and ensure that regulations are observed during every event.
– Respond to all incoming queries and questions (by email, telephone, post or face-to-face) in relation to events in a timely and professional manner.
– The ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
– Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
– The ability to complete financial projection reports.
– Good literacy and numeracy skills.
– A knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
– Computer Literate.
– Previous commercial experience.
– Previous sales and marketing experience.
– Previous IT experience.
– Prior experience in professional events and hospitality
– Car and full driving licence.
Application closing date: Friday 18th May, 5.00pm. Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th May and Friday 25th May
Please send applications and/or questions to email@example.com
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role