Job Title: Head of Media and Online Content
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with additional hours as required.
Jobs reporting to the job holder: Volunteers, Students
Job Purpose: The Head of Media and Online content will be responsible for managing, developing and driving Southport Football Club’s media communications activity, particularly in the area of social media and website content.
– Lead, deliver and implement the communication strategy for Southport Football Club.
– Develop a successful marketing and communication plan for Southport Football Club.
– To formulate and implement media activity across the club and across media in order to raise awareness, drive business and enhance reputation.
– Lead on the management of Southport Football Club’s social media accounts.
– Ensure that all external communications bear a consistent and agreed message.
– Undertake proactive media work, to include developing and pitching news stories and feature articles to media contacts.
– Oversee as well as directly draft, distribute and follow-up press releases and briefings to the media as required.
– Create video and written content for the Southport Football Club website and social media accounts.
– Ensure the media and news sections of the website remain up-to-date and engaging.
– Ensure that media enquiries are responded to in a timely and accurate fashion.
– Leading all the communications and digital teams.
– Leading and implementing the digital communication strategy.
– Graduate/ Graduate calibre
– Experience working in a role equivalent to PR Manager either client side or agency.
– Experience of developing and implementing media relations strategies.
– Experience of utilising traditional tools (press, networking etc) as well as new tools (social media, twitter, blogs etc) in order to maximise media coverage and awareness.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skill with the ability to tailor the communication style to the audience and situation.
– A good understanding and overview of the media landscape and its workings.
– The candidate will have a strong understanding and experience of media metrics and reporting and the capacity to ensure that this is provided internally through the company.
– A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Public Relations, Media Management or other related subject area.
– PR experience gained within media sector/creative industries sector
Application closing date: Friday 18th May, 5.00pm. Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th May and Friday 25th May
Please send applications and/or questions to email@example.com