2018-19 | Facts & Figures
The Facts And Figures From 2018-19
- Our total home attendances were the highest we have had in Conference North (to give it its generic title) The aggregate of 22497 gave an average of 1071 up 59 on the previous season.
- The total home and away was 47880 our best in CN by 3493, this gave an average of 1140 which is up 84 on the previous season.
- Interestingly in the second season we got promoted (2009/10) the home average was just 924. The best ever home average of 1423 came in 1999-2000.
- Dan Hanford became the first Southport player to be ever present since Tony McMillan in 2009-10.
- Liam Watson is the first manager to complete a full season in charge since….Liam Watson in 2012-13, the last manager other than Liam to complete a season was Peter Davenport in 2006-07.
- Our 14 draws was the highest we have had in CN
- The 58 goals scored was a CN low.
- 28 players were used in league matches, the lowest number since 2010-11
- The 5414 gate against Tranmere was the highest ever NL Home gate.
- The 3724 gate at Stockport was the highest we have played in front of in CN league matches.
- The 60 matches played in all competitions was the highest since 2008-09.
- Jack Sampson became the 28th player to join our 20 Goal Club
- Jordan Archer was the only player to score on debut.
- We went 24 games without a draw from 2017-18 into 2018-19 which is a NL Club Record
- We also went 12 games without a home win from 2017-18 into 2018-19 which is also a NL Club Record
- The 13 wins is a CN low but way off the record of 8 set back in 1979-80
- Brad Bauress scored our 7000th League goal. 1570 Pre League and 2961 Football League.
- The Liverpool Senior /Lancashire Junior Cup double has only been done once before as a NL club…in 1992-93