Southport FC understands the importance of a proactive approach in respect to it’s local community. Our aim is to contribute to the lives of many via a range of diverse activities that enhance Southport Football Club as being viewed as a Community Hub.
The club has a number of community partners to help us engage with large sections of the local population in sports and other recreations, healthcare, charities, local business networking and education.
Our Community Programme in association with The Football Conference Community Foundation is funded by The Premier League and the PFA. Southport FC would like to put on record the deep appreciation we have for the support via Richard Scudamore at the Premier League and the Professional Footballers Association.
All funding is match funded so the Club is always looking for Community sponsors.
We are delighted to have Mark Lawrenson as our Community Ambassador.
Southport Football Club have a wide ranging Community Programme that is growing all the time and The club is very proud to hold the distinction of being an “FA Charter Community Club.”
The club has focused a great deal of our delivery in Primary Schools including curriculum in the classroom and coaching. Community coaches support the curriculum and coaching weekly during term time at schools which have included: Birkdale Primary, Marshside Primary, Norwood Primary School and St Philips Primary plus Stanley High School, Southport College and King George V College. Our current Community Coaching team consists of Callum Perry, John Viscosi, Andy Bishop and Andrai Jones.
Southport Football Club have played a significant part in the exciting Multi Agency Street Games which has been held in identified areas requiring support during timetabled summer and autumn evenings via Sefton Sports Active Department. The aim is to encourage children to enjoy sport and be aware of the variety of sports clubs to join throughout the town.
Southport FC are very proactive in encouraging Ladies Open Age Football to play out of the Merseyrail Community Stadium and developing girls football in the club’s junior section.
The club has worked closely with Southport College on a cross curricular project. Delivering a BTEC Level Three module organising a sporting event. Regular classroom delivery has culminated in full day Charity Football Tournaments/matches at the Merseyrail Community Stadium.
The club regularly delivers work experience with Sefton Business Partnership for 15-18 year olds.
- Hosting local community finals eg Craven Minor, Primary Schools and Southport and District League at Merseyrail Community Stadium. April/ May.
- Raising Awareness of Young Adult Sudden Death Syndrome with Vital Sounds charity-ongoing throughout the year via Southport College/BTEC initiative and Charity Tournament.
- Inclusive policy for Soccer Camps with Housing Associations and Corporate Parenting.
- Young mothers with Baby Ballet. Weekly term time-Monday mornings.
- Zumba classes every Wednesday 6-7pm and Thursdays 10-11am.
- Southport Juniors Development and May Football Tournament. May weekend(two day) tournament. Ongoing Juniors FA Community Charter Status. Coaching development with FA/ Safeguarding/First Aid/Coaching courses.
- Arden College weekly work experience. Weekly Wednesday mornings in term time.
- Adopting inclusive policy for Southport Football Club’s soccer camps via Corporate Parenting and One Vision Housing.
- Match day half time five/seven a side junior experience at Merseyrail Community Stadium. Saturday matches.
- Coaching Southport College Community squad -all abilities in English Colleges League.
- Weekly Weight Watchers sessions-every Wednesday morning.
- Deliver health/fitness/exercise activities in partnership with multi agencies. Via Street Games, Primary School Curriculum/Coaching and Southport Juniors.
- Merseycare/NHS Thanks for the Memories weekly delivery on Tuesday mornings- the club were awarded the “Best Project For Older People “ at the Football Conference’s Annual General Meeting 2015 at Celtic Manor.
- Supporting Man Down NHS
350 Boys and Girls 6-18 in inclusive community squads-all abilities coached via voluntary coaches all with FA Coaching qualifications and with continued professional development for all volunteers.
CHAMPION YELLOW BIRD JUNIOR CLUB
Sponsored by Champion Newspaper-each primary school child in Southport can pick up a credit card style free entry pass from The Club Shop.
During the year we link in with numerous charities donating, raffle prizes/balls/shirts/tickets/tables for events and matchday bucket collections.
Everyone at Southport Football Club would like to thank Merseyrail for their continued tremendous community support.
SOUTHPORT FOOTBALL CLUB COMMUNITY PARTNERS INCLUDE:
Football Conference Community Premier League and Professional Players Association
Pure Legal-Phil Hodgkinson and Nigel Allen
Charlie Clapham -Palace Chemicals
Barron Financial Solutions-Dave Barron
James Treadwell -Moore and Smalley
Kirwans Solicitors-Lisa Alty
David Duffy- Woodbank Office Solutions/Kyocera
Betty Drummond- Champion Newspapers Yellow Bird Club
BNI Formby Links and BNI
Southport College-John Clarke
Terry Hamill-BNI Merseyside
Clive Lord-KS Sportswear and Workwear
Victoria Leisure and Fitness – Wally Birch
West Lancashire College-Princes Trust
Southport Visiter-Andrew Brown
Rimmer Scaffolding-Russ and Tony Rimmer
King George V College- Adele Wills
Craven Minor League
Southport and District League
Andy Forster-About Magazine